- Ooma's Patient Caller-ID Pop is built with the NexHealth Synchronizer API, which lets Ooma sync with many practice management systems via a single integration to the NexHealth Synchronizer™.
- The Patient Caller-ID Pop lets dental staff see data from their practice management system in real time when they're on the phone with a patient.
- Practices using Ooma’s Patient Caller-ID Pop can have more productive and personalized patient conversations without having to search for essential information in their practice management system during a phone call.
Patients expect personalized service and quick answers to common questions when they call a dental practice. But it’s challenging for staff to deliver these experiences when they’re on the phone with a patient because so much information is siloed in practice management systems.
Ooma, a leading business phone system, is solving that problem with a new Patient Caller-ID Pop powered by the NexHealth Synchronizer API. With the Patient Caller-ID Pop, dental staff can see patient data from their practice management system in real time when taking or making calls from their Ooma Office desktop client.
Ooma selected the Synchronizer API to build the Patient Caller-ID Pop because it offers a host of advantages:
- Building on the Synchronizer API meant Ooma could support dental practices on numerous practice management systems
- The Synchronizer is secure and reliable, which ensures every dental practice using the Patient Caller-ID Pop has a dependable experience
- Thousands of NexHealth customers use the Synchronizer every day, making it one of the most widely adopted products in the dental market
“The Synchronizer API helped us get to market in 4-5 weeks, much faster than if we had to build integrations to each of the many practice management systems used across our dental customer base,” said Dennis Peng, vice president of product management at Ooma. “By taking advantage of NexHealth’s robust sync capabilities, we can provide a unique solution that lets dental practices have more personalized phone calls with patients.”
The Patient Caller-ID Pop uses the Synchronizer API to sync data such as the patient’s name, date of birth, previous and next visit dates, and related family members between the practice management system and Ooma. Whenever practice staff are on the phone with a patient, their data pops automatically within Ooma so there’s no need to put the patient on hold to look up information in the practice management system. This lets staff have more personalized conversations and provide faster support.
The Ooma Patient Caller-ID Pop is currently available through an early access program. Existing NexHealth customers can request access by contacting Ooma at www.ooma.com/nexhealth-contactme.
Practices interested in the NexHealth patient experience platform can request a demo at info.nexhealth.com/get-a-demo.
If you’re a developer looking to connect your own app to dental practice management systems, you can check out our Synchronizer API documentation at docs.nexhealth.com and request access to the API at www.nexhealth.com/api/request-access.