1. How has social media transformed dental marketing?
Social media has revolutionized the way patients view dental practices. Social media has provided a behind-the-scenes look at what it's like being a patient at a dental practice, making it easier for potential patients to understand what to expect when they come to a dental office.
Jordan Agolli, CEO and Founder of Force Media, sees social media as a new way to communicate with people, as well as a new type of billboard. He emphasizes that social media is more effective than traditional marketing methods like billboards, flyers, and print because it offers a more efficient way to reach potential patients and track data.
2. What are some dental social media marketing mistakes to avoid
The first mistake is not being on social media, as some dentists are not willing to step out of their comfort zone to try something new. For those who have tried it but are not seeing success, Jordan Agolli advises against posting stock graphics and videos and instead recommends making content personal and about the practice.
Showing behind-the-scenes content and highlighting the patient experience help, such as wait time, staff treatment, and billing processes, to differentiate the practice from others. Successful dentists on social media understand that they are their brand, and their team is the ultimate thing being served.
3. What are the most effective social media platforms for dental marketing?
- Google My Business: it comes up when people search for dentists and can make or break an online presence. He advises having five-star reviews, up-to-date hours, and all necessary information on the page, including photos and videos, and making posts regularly.
- Google Ads: can be competitive and expensive depending on the area, but can also provide a significant return on investment with the proper strategy.
- Facebook and Instagram: Facebook can be more effective than Instagram for advertising because the average consumers on Facebook watching ads are adults with children, who are the target demographic for dental services. Facebook ads allow for specific targeting of this demographic, which can lead to better quality leads. In contrast, Instagram is better suited for e-commerce products.
4. What are some examples of front end versus back end social media marketing?
- Front end social media marketing: organic posting on personal profiles or pages, important for maintaining an active presence and engaging with existing followers
- Back end social media marketing: involves running targeted ads to specific demographic, crucial for reaching new audiences and increasing brand awareness
5. How can social media can be used to target specific patient demographics for dental practices?
Jordan suggests spending 80% of the time on creating and running ads for the practice and the remaining 20% on making organic posts. Consider creating one to two organic posts per week, which could be a quick video of the office or a highlight of a staff member.
He also emphasizes the importance of targeting ads based on data such as gender, age, location, and interests, and split testing to find the best approach. Jordan gives an example of Force Media's approach, which is not too active on social media but invests more time in running ads for itself and clients, proving to be a successful strategy.
6. What are some examples of successful dental marketing campaigns?
Jordan Agolli gave an example of a dental practice that has successfully used social media to attract new patients. The practice had a three minute brand video that showed patients what they could expect from the practice and it included interviews with the doctor, staff, and patients, and it made the practice feel more personable and trustworthy.
To advertise the video, the practice ran ads targeting a cold audience with a headline that was simple and personable: "I want to be your dentist." Jordan explained that this type of headline makes the ad more personable, and the ad copy should be written as if the dentist is the one writing the ad, using a first-person approach.
They also used a landing page or Facebook form to gather potential patients' contact information, such as their name, email, and phone number. For those who clicked on the ad but didn't submit their information, they used retargeting ads to follow up.
Overall, this dental practice's social media campaign was successful in attracting ten to 20 new patients a month for years, with the brand video being the most effective ad.