The Dermatology Specialists have 40 practices across New York. Their mission is to make access to dermatological care, convenient and accessible for all.
Challenge: 21-Day Wait Times for Medical Dermatology Appointments
COO Gil Messer stresses the need for accessible dermatology care, citing the 21-day average wait time for medical dermatology appointments. “If you have a skin issue, you should be able to receive high-quality care that matches your schedule promptly, and it shouldn't be based on your socioeconomic status,” says Gil Messer.
Redefining accessibility in dermatology, The Dermatology Specialists are shifting the paradigm by opening offices in busy retail areas and providing extended hours on evenings and weekends, making dermatological care more accessible than ever.
To efficiently give patients accessibility across 40+ practices, a system is essential for online appointment booking and a digitalized patient journey, and they found the solution in NexHealth.
Solution: Flexible Online Scheduling, Automated Reminders, Forms, and Follow-Ups
Digitalizing the patient journey with NexHealth helps The Dermatology Specialists maintain high standards of service in all practices while creating a seamless patient experience:
- 24/7 Online Scheduling: Flexible online booking not only allows patients to book at a time that works for them, but it also reduces operational costs tied to phone call management. Patients now have the option to search by time, location, provider, and insurance. Same-day bookings are now possible, a stark contrast to the industry norm.
- Messaging and Reminders: Offices can skip phone calls and directly text patients for appointment reminders, digital forms, and more.
- Automated Patient Follow-Ups: Automate patient follow-up messages based on past appointment types or due dates, simplifying the rebooking process with just one click.
Every appointment, whether booked or rescheduled, automatically synchronizes with their health record system, eClinicalWorks, minimizing errors and unnecessary back-and-forths between our call center and offices.
Results: 50% Fewer No-Shows and Cancellations, and 90% of Canceled Appointments are Rebooked
Since implementing NexHealth to digitalize the patient experience, The Dermatology Specialists has seen:
- 50% of the appointments are now booked online, enabling patients to enjoy faster and easier access to dermatology care
- A remarkable 50% reduction in both no-shows and cancellations because of automated reminders
- 90% of canceled appointments are recaptured using NexHealth’s automated follow-up system
In NexHealth, The Dermatology Specialists found the ideal partnership—a platform that not only resonates with their patient-first mission but also complements their vision for transforming dermatological care.
With NexHealth's Online Booking data, Gil Messer can predict the performance of new practices with a 99% accuracy rate - including the location’s patient demographics, appointment volume, walk-ins, and insurance mix. They can now resource each location effectively to expand with confidence and deliver a consistently exceptional patient experience.