Why would I want to filter by Appointment Type?
Filtering by the appointment type a patient would like to book gives you a few advantages:
1) You can match the provider who has availability to appointment types they are able to service--for example, you might not want your oral surgeon to fill their availability with new patient exams.
2) You can select high production appointment types for times when your office is prepared to serve them.
How do I set it up?
Note: For the Waitlist appointment type filter to work, you only need to set this up for the appointment types you might want to filter by--not necessarily all appointments.
1. Visit the Setup Tab and navigate to the EHR Appointment Type Mapping sub-tab.
2. To start, we will set the If-Then condition. This will create a rule telling NexHealth that if it sees an appointment that matches this rule sync from Ascend, then we assign the appropriate appointment type. If there are additional procedure codes used in combination for that appointment, you can add those in combination by selecting the blue Add Rule option. For example, if the appointment procedure code includes Palatal Augmentation Prosthesis, then we assign it to the Implant Consult appointment type.
3. Else If will then allow us to repeat that process for additional appointment types and their corresponding procedure codes.
4. Finally, Else allows us to select a default appointment type if none of the above procedure codes appear. 5. Click Save when you’re finished
I don't see the option to set up EHR Appointment Type mapping. Why?
This feature is only available for a selection of integrations, including:
- Dentrix Ascend
- Dentrix Enterprise
- Open Dental
I have my EHR Appointment Type mapping set up now. Where can I filter my Waitlist appointments?
When selecting the patients to send your Waitlist request to, your patient search now has an added field to filter by appointment type.